BTM Global Vietnam
Position location: Room 201, 2nd Floor, SBI building- Quang Trung Software Park, Dist. 12, HCM City
BTM Global is a fast growing IT services company using a project based development center model of delivery. We hire best in class employees to deliver high quality software solutions to clients in retail, health care, real estate, travel, and other industries. Our market strength is our ability to quickly adapt to a client's vision and work stream, deliver exactly what the client needed, on time and on budget.
Since inception, BTM has continually grown in size and capability, but our focus remains on delivering cost effective, quality software solutions across a wide variety of industries including retail, health care, transportation, real estate, federal government and several fortune 500 companies.
BTM creates a global working environment that enables its employees to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work, and create value for their customers. Employees are encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges, with a strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board.
A Senior Software Engineer in BTM VN is expected to handle Software Development tasks depending on different phases, time and the need of software project development cycles. It is required for a Senior Software Engineer to understand clearly the requirement of the assigned development tasks from team lead or direct manager and make sure those tasks are accomplished on-time with high productivity and quality. A Senior Software Engineer should have strong background and experience in Software Development, be able to solve difficult and critical Software Development issues, be the key person who provides solutions for software architect and design, and make technical decisions in software projects. A Senior Software Engineer may also be in charge of mentoring and supporting Engineer I and Engineer II in their daily work. He/she may also be in charge of communicating and collaborating with on-shore technical and functional people to complete the assigned tasks.
Report to: (Sr.) Technical Lead (Technical), Project Manager (project Delivery)
- Read & understand product requirements, technical designs, functional specifications, and defect descriptions.
- Implement new features, integrations, enhancements, and fix issues through coding, debugging, unit testing, and reporting with high productivity and quality.
- Create, support, and maintain project document.
- Co-operate with other team members (VN&US) to complete projects on time and high quality.
- Be proactive in communication with team lead, direct manager and other team members (VN&US) for change requests, defects, risks and opportunities, etc.
- Self-study and research new technologies related to projects and directions of BTM. Design and organize internal training courses for BTM technical people about the new technologies.
- Be the key person in requirement analysis and technical design for new software features.
- Provide solutions for difficult technical issues, and be technical decision makers for the assigned development features.
- Participate in mentoring and support Software Engineer I & II in daily works.
- Review the work delivered by the assigned Software Engineer I & II.
- Communicate and collaborate with on-shore technical and functional people within the assigned development works.
- Follow company methodologies and procedures and assist in continuous improvements to BTM methodology and processes.
- Attend and conduct training courses in BTM.
- May perform other works assigned by manager or lead.
Education, Experience and Other Skills:
- 4-year college degree in computer science or related fields.
- Relevant certificates in Software, Hardware, Networking Engineering or Management and Soft skills are plus.
- At least 4 years working experience in software development.
- Strong knowledge in Object Oriented Programming and Design.
- Expert in at least one of programming languages such as JAVA, C/C++, C#, Visual Basic, PHP, etc. Experience in other languages is a plus.
- Expert in at least one of relational database systems such as Oracle, DB2, MySQL or MS SQL Server, etc. Experience in other database is a plus.
- Proficient in Java or .NET Frameworks.
- Basic knowledge about design patterns (such as Abstract factory, Singleton, Prototype, Proxy, Command, etc.) are preferred.
- Proficient in Web development and User Interface Design.
- Experience in reporting tools (such as MS SQL Reporting, Crystal Report, Jasper Report, etc.) is plus.
- Previous experience in working with on-shore and remote teams is preferred.
- Have good English skills (equivalent TOEIC 500), including reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to present/explain a problem clearly to co-worker.
- Ability to study independently new technologies.
- Ability to design and conduct technical training courses.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to handle and be trusted with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work with fast-paced, constantly changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem-solve, work under pressure, and to effectively manage stress.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines.
- Ability to work overtime if needed.
- Proactive, team player, innovative thinker.
- Personable, professional image with internal team members and external clients.
- Long term commitment.