BTM Global Vietnam
Position location: Room 201, 2nd Floor, SBI building- Quang Trung Software Park, Dist. 12, HCM City
BTM Global is a fast growing IT services company using a project based development center model of delivery. We hire best in class employees to deliver high quality software solutions to clients in retail, health care, real estate, travel, and other industries. Our market strength is our ability to quickly adapt to a client's vision and work stream, deliver exactly what the client needed, on time and on budget.
Since inception, BTM has continually grown in size and capability, but our focus remains on delivering cost effective, quality software solutions across a wide variety of industries including retail, health care, transportation, real estate, federal government and several fortune 500 companies.
BTM creates a global working environment that enables its employees to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work, and create value for their customers. Employees are encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges, with a strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board.
A Software Engineer I in BTM VN is expected to handle development tasks that change depending on phase, time and needs of the software project development cycle. A Software Engineer I must clearly understand the requirements of the development tasks directly or indirectly assigned by their team lead or direct manager and ensure those tasks are accomplished with high productivity and quality.
Report to: (Sr.) Technical Lead (Technical), Project Manager (project Delivery)
- Read & understand assigned product requirements, technical designs, functional specifications, and defect descriptions.
- Implement new features, integrations, enhancements, and fix issues through coding, debugging, unit testing, and reporting with high productivity and quality.
- Create, support, and maintain project document.
- Co-operate with other team members to complete assigned tasks on time with high quality.
- Be proactive in communication with team lead or direct manager for change requests, defects, risks and opportunities, etc.
- Self-study and research new technologies related to projects and directions of BTM.
- Follow company methodologies and procedures and assist in continuous improvements to BTM methodology and processes.
- Attend training courses required from BTM.
- May perform other tasks assigned by manager or lead.
Education, Experience and Other Skills:
- 4-year college degree in computer science or related fields is preferred.
- Relevant certificates in Software, Hardware or Networking Engineering are plus.
- Solid knowledge in Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience in at least one of programming languages such as JAVA, C/C++, C#, Visual Basic, PHP, etc.
- Experience in at least one of relational database systems such as Oracle, MySQL or MS SQL Server, etc.
- Experience in Java or .NET Frameworks is plus.
- Experience in Web development and User Interface Design is plus.
- Experience in report tools (such as MS SQL Reporting, Crystal Report, Jasper Report, etc.) is plus.
- Experience in working with on-shore and remote teams is preferred.
- Be able to read, write document in English.
- Be able to listen and speak English is a plus.
- Ability to handle and be trusted with confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to problem-solve, work under pressure, and to effectively manage stress.
- Ability to work overtime if needed.
- Great enthusiasm and self-learning capability.
- Proactive, team player, innovative thinker.
- Long term commitment.